Ah me! I have no story for you all today, in a rush to get this post published.
A couple of months I invested in a cookie press and have experimented with it a bit! And while I am still looking the perfect recipe, let me share with you the one I made just yesterday for my son's V-day party at school.
Source : Butter snow flakes
I followed the recipe mostly, except for a small change, I skipped the zest.
Original Recipe Yield 6 dozen
Here is the recipe as on the site and is linked above.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and egg yolk; beat until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla and orange zest. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Fill a cookie press or pastry bag with dough, and form cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the cookies are golden brown on the peaks and on the bottoms. Remove from cookie sheets at once to cool on wire racks.
- The next time I will increase the amount of Cinnamon powder and add the zest as well.
- Continue my search for the perfect spritz cookie.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!