Sunday, May 20, 2007

Monthly Blog Patrol....For SWEETS!!!!!!!!

Coffee!!! I love u Gal... no matter what anyone says!! You picked a theme real close to my heart...
I know all about expanding waistlines ... nevertheless, hope springs eternal in my heart, that one day, if I keep wishing hard, I will get my wish of becoming slim-n-trim, being able to east whatever I please and not gain an ounce!!! Till such time... eat, drink and be merry... for tomorrow we may diet!

Well, it's today now and right now... I have sweets on mind , for Coffee's MBP..
Patrolling Blogs gave me tioo many options, ALL of which I obviously wanted to try, but limited myself to the ones I am blogging about now (reason, M was going bonkers!! and I largely relied on the ingredients I had at home)

I tried Yummmmmmmmmmm Ali... I mean Umm Ali!!! from Aroma.. Asha sure whipped up a *wicked* dessert!!!! I tried it with Phyllo dough, but maybe puff pastry will be a better choice, for next time!! I forgot to take a nice picture of it in a decorative plate.. too eager to eat!!!
BTW,Asha, if you are reading this.... just a query, why did my Umm Ali turn a tad soggy? Phyllo, do u suppose?
And I made Banana Nut cake Adapting it from Swapna of Swad of India



Both these recipes were AWESOME!!! I know I am going to gain weight... but that is for later, as of now.... I'm Lovin' it!!!

Thank U Coffee for this sweet choice! What's next?

Pin It

8 comments:

FH said...

Ahhhh...!!! Yum Ali looks great but DO NOT remind me.I am baking Choc.chip cookies for my kid's school right now!!DO NOT NEED this;D
They do use Phyllo for this too but I prefer Puff pastry. Yes,it gets a little soggy bcos Phyllo is thin and doesn't absorb extra liquid like Puff pastry does.Try puff next time and when Phyllo is used, cut back the liquid a little.Wasn't that dessert divine? I loved it.Both look perfect,enjoy:))

Swapna said...

Manasi,
When I saw the theme for MBP, I thot of u..I know how much u *love* sweets..This dessert from Asha's blog looks mouthwatering..Thanks for trying out something from my blog:)

Roopa said...

Great choice! i too wated to try the ummali may be next time...

Roopa said...

Great choice! i too wated to try the ummali may be next time...

Coffee said...

Awesome Girl!!!!! I love your spirit!!! Eat and be merry... dieting from tomorrow ;)

Lovely looking dessert! I made umm ali as well! and I licked till the last drop..... thanks a ton Asha!

And thanks to you dear for the lovely entries! :)

Padmaja said...

Nice recipes!!
I never made Yum Ali but after seeing yours and asha!! i think its time for me to give it a go!!

Anonymous said...

never heard of it but looks yum

TNL said...

heheheh...Manasi!! You go girl...I hope your wishes come true!

Both Look great!

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape